The Southwest Florida Water Management District has developed a new conservation program to incentivize utilities, institutions and commercial water users to reduce their water use. This 50 percent cost-share reimbursement program, known as Water Incentives Supporting Efficiency or WISE, will support water conservation efforts Districtwide.
WISE will award applicants up to $20,000 to implement projects that help reduce water use and protect the region’s water resources. This program offers a funding opportunity to small utilities, hospitals, schools, prisons, homeowner associations, golf courses, hotels, manufacturers, food processing facilities and other commercial users who do not typically take part in the District’s Cooperative Funding Initiative (CFI).
Applicants can apply for WISE funding anytime throughout the year until all annual funds are awarded.
Ideas for eligible projects include:
- Toilet, showerhead and plumbing fixture replacements
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ conversions
- Irrigation system modifications
- Weather stations for irrigation control
- Cooling tower modifications and pretreatment systems
- High-efficiency commercial/industrial processing equipment
Additional innovative projects are encouraged. To learn more about WISE and how to apply please visit WaterMatters.org/WISE.