Hudson, Florida (November 21, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the recipients of its third quarter volunteer Star Awards. The Star Award Volunteers included Elizabeth Bridwell, Florence Briggs, and Robert (Bob) Williams.
Elizabeth Bridwell has served as a volunteer courier every Friday afternoon for more than 13 years. According to her dispatcher and coworkers, she is a pleasure to work with and always dependable. Elizabeth has accumulated more than 2,200 life hours and over 2,300 merit hours. “She is kind and courteous to our patients, visitors, staff and fellow volunteers,” said Donna Owen, Director Volunteer & Pastoral Care. “She does her volunteer service here at the hospital with professionalism and enjoys helping others and it shows,” she added.
Florence Briggs is one of the lovely, smiling faces that you see at Welcome Center A on Friday afternoons. She has volunteered more than 14 years with over 1,750 life hours accumulated. “Florence is always polite and professional serving our visitors with information and visitor passes so they may visit friends or loved ones,” said Donna Owen. “She has also helped the marketing department with their tutorials and all with smile and grace,” she added.
Robert “Bob” Williams has volunteered at Bayonet Point Hospital for over 15 years. Although he began as a courier, he is one of the first volunteers you see when you enter the hospital as he is a courtesy cart driver. “Our courtesy cart drivers are our first impression of the hospital and Bob is a kind and gentle person who greets our visitors with a smile,” said Donna Owen. Bob has accumulated over 3,600 life hours.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.