What: More than 150 local artists, crafters, small businesses, food truck and nonprofits kick off the holiday season during LocalShops1’s ninth annual extravaganza, featuring a mermaid-filled wine and beer garden, free kids entertainment, and tons of swag, raffles and sales. Admission is free and open to the public.
When: 10 am to 5 pm Saturdays, Nov 17+24
(The city’s nightime holiday parade is Nov 24, along Bayshore Blvd, so our beer/wine garden and many of our vendors are planning to stay open until 8 pm on Nov 24)
Where: South Straub Park, 198 Bayshore Dr NE, St. Petersburg
Why: To kick off the holiday shopping season with LOCAL businesses!
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA — LocalShops1 is excited to announce that Shopapalooza Festival, Part 2, is expected to be the biggest Small Business Saturday celebration in the region, with more than 150 local businesses and thousands of shoppers. The event, in its ninth year, takes place 10 am to 5 pm Saturday Nov. 24, at South Straub Park in downtown St. Petersburg. The event is followed by the city’s new nighttime holiday parade, along Bayshore Blvd.
Admission is free and open to the public.
The ninth annual event, known as Tampa Bay’s Local Alternative to Black Friday, kicks off the holiday shopping season. Here is what you’ll find there:
• More than 150 local businesses, including food trucks and restaurants, plus artists, crafters and small businesses featuring gourmet food products, home decor, handcrafted jewelry, clothing and accessories, health and beauty products, fair trade goods, vintage finds, pet treats and toys, books, candles and much more.
• Mermosa Wine + Craft Beer Bubbly Lounge, featuring sparking wines, local craft beers and more than a dozen local artists, crafters and small businesses. The section is sponsored by Mermosa Winery & Boutique and benefits Chart 411, an environmental nonprofit.
• Kids Zone, filled with games and more than a dozen businesses and nonprofits including Sea Turtle Trackers, Vogue Glamour Parties and Events Great Explorations Children’s Museum (Nov 24 only).
• Free entertainment, including DJ MC White and performances by Competitive Dance Edge Academy.
• Live Painting by St. Petersburg muralist Derek Donnelly, both days. The finished pieces will be auctioned off and 100 percent of the proceeds will be donated to charity.
“Shopapalooza is a way to celebrate and spotlight the great independent businesses that make Tampa Bay such an amazing place,” says Ester Venouziou, LocalShops1 founder. “It gives consumers the opportunity to kick off the holiday shopping season by shopping locally!”
Shopapalooza Part 2 (Nov 24) coincides with the City of St. Petersburg’s lighted holiday parade, so the beer/wine garden, along with many of the vendors, will stay open until 7 or 8 pm this year.
For more information, contact Ester Venouziou at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to ShopapaloozaFestival.com.
Shopapalooza, now in its ninth year, is a production of LocalShops1 and sponsored by the City of St. Petersburg. The event helps benefit and spotlight local businesses as well as local nonprofits, including our partners Chart 411 and Earth Day St Pete. This year’s sponsors include Moorman Photographics and Mermosa Winery & Boutique.
For list of vendors and other information, go to ShopapaloozaFestival.com.