Now in its 17th year, the State College of Florida Foundation will host the 2018-19 Sundays at Neel entertainment series at the SCF Neel Performing Arts Center, 5840 26th St. W. Six shows will take place between Dec. 9 and March 24. All concerts begin at 2 p.m.
Sundays at Neel is a series of fundraising concerts that benefit State College of Florida Foundation scholarships. The series kicks off Dec. 9 with “The Nowhere Band,” a Florida-based band using historically accurate equipment to recreate the Beatles’ Feb. 9, 1964, performance on the Ed Sullivan Show. Other performances will include:
• Sun. Jan. 13, The Kingston Trio – Mike Marvin, Tim Gorelangton and Bob Haworth, have intrinsic
links to and experience with the original group. Many of their personal memories recall the iconic trio’s performances as folk music made its extraordinary ascent to the top of the music charts.
• Sun. Jan. 20, Simply Streisand – Carla Del Villaggio, an award-winning tribute artist, has the look and sound of Barbara Streisand.
• Sun. Feb. 17, Alter Eagles – Considered to be the most authentic representation of the Eagles in their prime. Eagles fans will recognize the subtle complexities of instruments and vocals.
• Sun. Feb. 24, Broadway at the Movies – Broadway stars Kirsten Scott and Josh Young take the audience on a musical journey through the 80-year union of cinema and musical theater.
• Sun. March 24, Jay White – He played Neil Diamond in the Academy Award nominated film, “Frost/Nixon.” He has performed 8,000 shows, re-creating the look sound and mannerisms of the rock icon.
For more information and to view preview videos of each group, visit SCF-Foundation.org/SundaysAtNeel.
Single tickets are $40. Discounted season subscriptions also are available. To order tickets, visit SCF-Foundation.org or contact SCF’s Neel box office at 941-752-5252.