SARASOTA COUNTY – As Sarasota County prepares for the grand opening of the William H. Jervey Jr. Venice Public Library in mid-December, libraries and historical resources staff will begin the transfer of the library collection, computers and equipment from the Hamilton Building to the new library on Monday, Nov. 19.
In order to complete the transfer, the Hamilton Building’s operating schedule will be:
- Closed Nov. 19, through Monday, Nov. 26.
- Open Tuesday, Nov. 27, through Saturday, Dec. 8.
- Closing permanently on Dec. 8.
Once the Hamilton Building reopens on Nov. 27, available services will be limited to:
- Picking up reserved items.
- Returning borrowed items.
- Access to newspapers, magazine and periodicals.
During the closure, patrons are encouraged to visit the following locations for library services:
- Frances T. Bourne Library, 4143 Woodmere Blvd., Venice.
- Osprey Library, 337 N. Tamiami Trail, Osprey.
For more information, call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit www.scgov.net.
Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
View the complete policy at www.scgov.net (keywords: ADA compliance)