Hudson, Florida (November 14, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has received an invitation to participate in the “2019 Donate Life Rose Parade float Hospital CEO rose dedications.” Only a select group of hospitals in the area have been asked to prepare a handwritten message honoring the patients and families who, with the support of hospital staff, have saved and healed lives through the gift of organ, eye, and tissue donations.
The Donate Life Rose Parade float has grown into a national tradition featuring dozens of participants each year: riders who have received transplants, walkers who are living donors, and deceased donors memorialized in “floragraph” portraits integrated into the float’s design. Organizations nationwide collaborate each year to enter the Donate Life float in the Rose Parade.
One of the trademarks of the annual Donate Life float design is the “dedication garden.” The garden provides an opportunity for the CEOs of hospitals, transplant centers, and organ, tissue, and eye recovery organizations to dedicate a Donate Life rose. Each dedicated rose will be placed in a vial that carries the CEO’s personal message of hope and remembrance honoring donors, recipients, and others who have been touched by organ and tissue donation.
About the 2019 Donate Life Float
The 2019 Donate Life float depicts “Rhythm of the Heart” to inspire Rose Parade viewers to register as organ, eye and tissue donors and it reminds viewers that teamwork is the key to success.
The 2019 Donate Life Rose Parade® float, The Rhythm of the Heart, celebrates the healing power of music (the universal language). Organ donors save lives of grateful recipients and help families heal.
The Rhythm of the Heart float depicts an exciting design that invites parade audiences to experience the music of Africa in a vibrant, colorful float that features musical instruments and cultural artifacts that represent different African countries and cultures. Award-winning float designer Charles Meier created the float’s beautiful design, and Fiesta Parade Floats will produce it this year.
In the United States today there are over 114,000 people waiting for a life-saving organ, and hundreds of thousands more whose lives could be healed through eye and tissue transplantation. A single organ and tissue donor can save up to eight lives and heal as many as 100 more. Further information about the Donate Life float, decorating, and facts about donation and transplantation can be found at www.donatelifefloat.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.