SARASOTA COUNTY –
Sarasota County’s UF/IFAS Extension office will host a panel of experts on Thursday, Nov. 15 to discuss the science behind harmful algal blooms and the ongoing impacts of red tide across the state. Discussion topics include stormwater management, climate change, blue green algae, discharges from Lake Okeechobee and others.
- Dr. Lisa Krimsky, water resources regional specialized agent, UF/IFAS Extension.
- Dr. Dail Laughinghouse, applied phycology assistant professor, University of Florida.
- Dr. Vincent Lovko, phytoplankton ecology, Mote Marine Laboratory.
- John Ryan, Sarasota County Stormwater Division manager.
- Russ Hoffman, owner, Beautiful Ponds.
WHAT: “The Science of Harmful Algal Blooms” panel discussion.
WHEN: 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15.
WHERE: Ringling College of Art & Design Academic Center Auditorium, 2700 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota
Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
View the complete policy at scgov.net/ADA.