TAMPA, Fla. – Nov. 8, 2018 – Port Richey residents will get their first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter at 8701 US-19 on Friday, Nov. 9, after a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. From fresh paint and new flooring to completely transformed departments, the Port Richey remodel is focused on creating a fast and seamless shopping experience for customers.
“Our customers are going to notice a complete transformation of their local store – from new flooring to the more convenient Pickup area – and we’re excited to show it off,” said Port Richey Store Manager Thomas Schoendorf. “We know our customers are looking for a convenient, fast and friendly shopping experience, and we will continue delivering just that now with a store that is refreshed and more focused than ever on meeting the needs of today’s busy families.”
In April, Walmart announced plans to spend an estimated $200 million in Florida over the next year expanding shopping options and empowering customers through new store construction, improvements and innovations. The Port Richey store is one of 12 stores in the Tampa Bay area slated to undergo a remodel this year.
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
· State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more before purchase
· Improved store navigation with new aisle location markers, a new feature that helps customers find where an item is located using the Walmart app, down to the aisle and shelf area
· Refreshed apparel department with a new fitting room and all new apparel lines (George, Time and Tru, Terra & Sky and Wonder Nation)
· Addition of a larger, dedicated Walmart Pickup area conveniently located at the front of the store for customers who shop Walmart.com
· Refreshed pharmacy with addition of health services room for private consultations and immunizations
· Relocation of MoneyCenter to its own dedicated area in the front of the store
· New flooring and brighter lighting, including in produce department to showcase store’s commitment to fresh, and the addition of a Mother’s Room
· Larger signage throughout for ease of navigation
· Easier to navigate: improved store flow, lower fixtures for better line of sight and new refrigeration
· Refreshed exterior, including signage
During the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, the store will award approximately $3,000 in grants to local organizations, including Cotee River Elementary, Gulf High School, Chasco Elementary and more. After the ceremony, customers will find the celebration continues with a vendor showcase that includes samples and giveaways and a cupcake giveaway in the afternoon.
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates.
Starting in 2015, Walmart began making a $2.7 billion investment over a two-year period in higher wages, more scheduling choices and further training for its associates. As part of increased wages across the company, the average full-time hourly associate now makes $13.94 an hour in Florida.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit our more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/Walmart1085 for more news about your Walmart Supercenter in Port Richey.