Hudson, Florida (November 2, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point proudly announces that it has been recognized by the Health Resources and Services Administration of the US Department of Health & Human Services with a Platinum recognition for activities to increase enrollment in our state registry as organ, eye, and tissue donors.
The hospital was informed by LifeLink of Florida that the award was in recognition of Bayonet Point’s organ donor registration efforts between October 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018. The hospital received the platinum recognition this year based on a point calculation. The National Donate Life Month scorecard was used to calculate the award. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point worked closely with LifeLink of Florida to educate and register new donors.
The “Hospital Organ Donation Campaign” was launched in June 2011 as a special effort of the Workplace Partnership For Life. Through the campaign, organ, eye, and tissue donation organizations work with hospitals to create engaging donation registration drives, social media campaigns, and other events to raise awareness and register donors with the hospital’s facilities and local community. The Workplace Partnership for Life initiative joins the US Department of Health & Human Services with the donation community to spread the word about the importance of organ, eye, tissue, blood and bone marrow donation and encourage the American public to register as donors.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point conducted a wide range of hospital communications programs and events to raise awareness of the need for the general public to register as donors. The hospital hosted various donor registry events in high traffic areas of the hospital, held a donation flag raising ceremony for its staff and the community at large, and ran a campaign of hospital public service announcements on their internal cable channel. Presentations about organ, eye and tissue donations were made; posters were displayed throughout the facility. The hospital even joined with an organ recipient who showed appreciation for staff efforts regarding the donation process.
This year local hospitals provided education to thousands and helped the Donate Life Florida organ and tissue donor registry hit a milestone of 10.2 million registrants, making it the third largest donor registry in the United States behind Texas and California.
In presenting the award to Bayonet Point Hospital, Carolyn Hostetler, Hospital Development Liaison, said, “LifeLink would like to thank Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point for their continued support helping save lives through organ and tissue donation and we look forward to working with you as we begin our new campaign. The new campaign began October 1, 2018.”
Attached photo: Dr. Scott Norwood, Trauma Medical Director of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, and Carol Hostetler hold Bayonet Point’s recognition plaque while nursing director senior hospital staff pose for a photo.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.