(Bradenton, Fla., Nov. 1, 2018) — Three years ago, State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota (SCF) launched its 2015-2020 Strategic Plan to “Boldly Engage” its two-county region and confirm the college’s central role in the community. SCF has recently released a midterm report highlighting its progress and accomplishments.
The midterm report assigns completion percentages for each of the 14 goals within the plan’s four strategic priorities. Seven goals are 100 percent accomplished, with five goals 80 percent complete and two 60 percent complete. Seven enabling strategies, representing the action steps needed to accomplish the strategic priorities, have also made substantial progress. Five are 100 percent accomplished, with one 80 percent complete and one 60 percent complete.
Significant achievements highlighted in the report include:
• Expanding SCF’s programs in its service region through purchase of land for a future campus in Parrish and adding to the college’s online offerings.
• New flagship programs at SCF Venice, such as Gator Engineering at SCF, Accelerated Dual Enrollment and the Honors Program.
• Establishing a Weekend College at SCF Lakewood Ranch where students can earn an Associate in Arts degree taking classes only on the weekends.
• Increasing the college’s workforce degrees with the addition of five new Associate in Science programs and four new certificates geared toward local employment needs.
• Broadening SCF’s engagement with the community by offering faculty as subject matter experts for media and events.
• Demonstrating a powerful return on investment through completion of the Library & Learning Center at SCF Bradenton at 26 percent below the average cost per square foot and successfully meeting the SCF Foundation’s Capital Campaign to raise $1 million for technology for the new building.
“We’ve made significant advancements on all our strategic priorities,” said SCF President Dr. Carol F. Probstfeld, “but we still have much work to do in the plan’s final two years. I’m excited to continue boldly engaging the faculty, staff, students and community as we pursue completing the rest of the strategic plan’s goals over the next two years.”
To download a copy of the Boldly Engaging Strategic Plan Midterm Report, visit SCF.edu/StrategicPlan. For more information, contact Brian Thomas at 941-752-5392 or ThomasB1@SCF.edu.