Hudson, Florida (November 1, 2018) – On October 23, 2018, Rao Musunuru, MD, and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point were recognized in a County Resolution (#19-24) for their continued efforts in state-of-the-art treatment of acute stroke, preventing death and serious long-term disability.
The Resolution stated that:
- Every 40 seconds in the United States an unsuspecting victim suffers from a stroke while every 4 minutes someone dies from one.
- Raising the community medical standards for treatment of acute stroke to optimal levels significantly decreases morbidity and mortality, and
- The major efforts of Dr. Rao Musunuru while serving as president of the American Heart Association, Florida affiliate, were instrumental in passing the Florida Stroke Act by the Florida legislature with the help of Pasco legislators.
“Therefore, be it resolved by the Board of County Commissioners of Pasco County, Florida, that said Board wishes to extend its gratitude and recognition to Dr. Rao Musunuru and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point for their continued efforts in serving the community, providing nationally recognized state-of-the-art medical care, and improving the quality of life within our community.”
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.