Tampa Bay, FL. – August 27, 2018 – Area technology leaders across Tampa Bay joined forces over a year and half ago and noticed a growing need for a means to introduce emerging technology leaders to the Tampa Bay community. Today that group of leaders have transformed into an organized team, ETL Tampa Bay, whose mission is clear – to transform Tampa Bay into the technology capitol of the Southeast as well as becoming a beacon for innovation and a nesting spot for start-ups.
Daniel James Scott, Co-Executive Director at Tampa Bay Tech originally came up the idea for ETL Tampa Bay. “Tampa Bay has the potential to become the technology hub of the Southeast. It just needs a driving force connecting all aspects of the technology potential we have here,” states Scott. Scott took that vision to his colleagues and ETL Tampa Bay was created for the purpose of focusing on the strategy of creating a culture of “connecting” within technology organizations throughout Tampa Bay.
ETL Tampa Bay has created three “connecting” objectives:
- Connectingyouth with experience – serving as mentors in the Next-Gen Tech Education competition with the Pinellas Education Foundation
- Connectingindividuals with community – establishing awareness initiatives for our community, organizations, companies, firms, etc. to give them better exposure
- Connectingbusiness with talent – develop collateral for recruiters to use to attract top talent to our area in partnership with the TB/HC EDC.
As part of our “Connecting individuals with community” objective, we are launching a new website, www.ETLTampaBay.com. Every week, it will introduce an emerging technology leader in the Tampa Bay as well as post news about ETL Tampa Bay events and projects.
The ETL Tampa Bay leadership team is being co-chaired by Lauren Davenport, President of the Symphony Agency and Kishen Sridharan, Cybersecurity Partnership & Outreach Executive at Raymond James. The ETL Tampa Bay board of directors includes:
- Jesse Curry– Director of Development at Haneke Design
- Allie Felix– Director of Programming and Partnerships at Embarc Collective
- David LaMarre– Senior Business Development Manager at DXC
- Deborah Neff– Director of Operations at Sourcetoad Development Studio
- Andrew Pendergast– Emerging Technology at Nielsen
- Ned Pope– Lead Technical Program Manager at Nielsen
- Daniel James Scott, Co-Executive Director at Tampa Bay Tech
- John Wang– Application Developer at Wolters Kluwer
- Toni Warren– President of the Suncoast Developers Guild
For more information, contact ETL Tampa Bay at firstname.lastname@example.org