Rhonda Leiberick of Habitat for Humanity Sarasota named board president
SARASOTA, FL – August 22, 2018 – The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (CWC-FPRA) installed its 2018-2019 board of directors and recognized outstanding members during the Chapter Awards & Board Installation at the Sarasota Yacht Club. The event, which continued the honored tradition of the passing of the gavel by former presidents of CWC-FPRA, was a celebration of the past year of successes—winning several awards at the recent state conference—and opportunities for the coming year.
The following members were honored during the program: Lisa Cedrone was named Member of the Year; Shelby Isaacson earned the Ginya Carnahan Promoting the Profession Award; Eleni Kouvatsos earned the Thomas Nunan Rising Star Award; and Sheryl Vieira earned the Ginnie Duffey Troyer Award of Professionalism.
The board was installed by the state association’s incoming president, Gordon Paulus, APR, CPRC. Each member will serve a one-year term. Outgoing local board president Tara Poulton facilitated the event and welcomed Rhonda Leiberick, APR as the new president. President-elect is Kim Livengood.
“I have built many strong personal and professional relationships during my years as a member,” said Leiberick. “It is an honor to lead our chapter in the tradition of excellence for which it has been recognized year after year.”
CWC-FPRA 2018-2019 Board of Directors:
– President: Rhonda Leiberick, APR, Habitat for Humanity Sarasota
– President-Elect: Kim Livengood, APR, The Eclipse Agency
– Immediate Past President: Tara Poulton, DeSoto County Government
– VP of Membership: Melanie Reda, FCCI Insurance Group
– VP of Accreditation: Jennifer Moss Wilson, Thyroid and Endocrine Center of Florida
– VP of Finance: Shelby Isaacson, Bogart Labs
– VP of Communications: Sharon Kunkel, Wordslinger Marketing & PR
– VP of Events: Murray Devine, Community Foundation of Sarasota County
– Director of Social Media: Eleni Kouvatsos, First Watch Restaurants
– Director of Administration: Rachel Denton, Sarasota County Supervisor of Elections
– Director of Sponsorship: Kendra Gemma, klg communications
– Director of Newsletter: Jan Oglesby, Icard Merrill
– Director of Media Relations: Laura Coyle, 342 Mad Solutions
– Director of Website: Daniel Hodous, Habitat for Humanity Sarasota
– Director of Image Awards: Elise Ramer, Premier Sotheby’s International Realty
– Director of Professional Development: Dillon Buckland, Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
– Director of Special Events: Enriqueta Balandra, Visit Sarasota County
The event was sponsored by The John Chapman Law Firm.
The Central West Coast Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association meets monthly for professional development luncheons and networking. Visit www.cwcfpra.com for more information.