Hudson, Florida (August 21, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has announced the recipients of its second quarter volunteer Star Awards. The Star Award Volunteers included Ken Gaul, Mary Keith and Grace Matella.
Ken Gaul has served as a courtesy car driver for the volunteers for almost seven years and has accumulated 2,200 life hours and 2,400 merit hours of service. He is regarded as highly reliable, never taking time away from his assigned schedule. Although his shift begins at 8 am, visitors and employees to the hospital can find him ready to go as early as 7:30 am whether the weather is sunny, cold or rainy. “Ken is a wonderful example of all of us working as a team providing the best service for our patients, family, staff, and volunteers,” said Donna Owen, Director Volunteer and Pastoral Care. “Courtesy car drivers are our first impression and based on his record of loyalty and dedication, he certainly deserves to be honored as a volunteer of our quarter,” she added.
Mary Keith has been a volunteer at Bayonet Point for more than 13 years with over 8,000 hours of service. She can be found on Tuesday afternoons as a courier and dispatcher. “This unsung volunteer has a reputation for someone who comes in consistently and does her job well without a lot of fanfare,” said Donna Owen. Mary spends her volunteer time dispatching other volunteers to run errands, transporting specimens, and discharging patients in a timely and professional manner.
Grace Matella has been volunteering at Bayonet Point for more than 18 years, accumulating over 6,000 hours of service at welcome station B and as a courier. In addition, she can also be found in the marketing department making those reminder calls for marketing Tuesday Tutorials. “Grace is a volunteer who consistently performs her duties with positivity and professionalism,” said Donna Owen. “Our award to her says, ‘Thank you, Grace, for devoting your time and talents to our patients, families and staff for all these years.’”
Attached photo: Volunteer Second Quarter Star Award winner pose for the camera. From left to right: Grace Matella, Ken Gaul, and Mary Keith.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.