From fresh paint and new landscaping to a completely new pharmacy and process for picking up Walmart.com orders, the remodels of two Tampa Bay area Walmart Supercenters are focused on creating a fast and seamless shopping experience for customers.
Local residents recently got their first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenters at 3525 US Highway 27 N. in Sebring and 1485 Commercial Way in Spring Hill.
“Our store has truly experienced a complete transformation,” said Caryn Wells, store manager of the Walmart Supercenter in Sebring. “This is the largest remodel this store has ever seen, and it’s all aimed at improving the in-store experience for our customers and the Walmart.com Pickup process. Our associates are excited and our customers love it. We couldn’t be prouder of what our store team has accomplished.”
In April, Walmart announced plans to spend an estimated $200 million in Florida over the next year expanding shopping options and empowering customers through new store construction, improvements and innovations. The Sebring and Spring Hill stores are two of 12 stores in the Tampa Bay area slated to undergo a remodel this year.
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
· State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more before purchase at both locations
· Refreshed pharmacy with addition of registers, a dedicated Express lane and health services room for private consultations and immunizations at the Sebring store
· Relocation of the Pickup area for Walmart.com orders from the back of the store to the front with an entirely new kiosk check-in process aimed at making the experience even easier and faster at both locations
· Refreshed jewelry and apparel departments with a new fitting room and all new apparel lines (George, Time and Tru, Terra & Sky and Wonder Nation) at the Sebring store
· Brighter lighting, including in produce department to showcase store’s commitment to fresh
· Larger signage throughout both stores for ease of navigation and new flooring throughout at the Sebring store
· Easier to navigate: improved store flow, lower fixtures for better line of sight at both locations
· Refreshed exterior, including paint, signage and landscaping at both locations
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates.
Starting in 2015, Walmart began making a $2.7 billion investment over a two-year period in higher wages, more scheduling choices and further training for its associates. As part of increased wages across the company, the average full-time hourly associate now makes $13.72 an hour in Florida.
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 270 million customers and members visit our more than 11,700 stores under 65 banners in 28 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/Walmart666 for more news about the Walmart Supercenter in Sebring and https://www.facebook.com/Walmart967 for more news about the Walmart Supercenter in Spring Hill.
# # #