St. Pete Performs
SPF18 showcases dance October 25-28. Four days jam packed with unforgettable dance experiences that highlight innovation and community. The Arts Alliance will present five innovative dance experiences, each for one night only!
- Work: Site-Dance at Work curated by Andee Scott, boasts performances created in front of live audiences in public places.
- Air-Earth-Fire-Water by playwright Sheila Cowley, takes place on the steps of the Museum of Fine Art and is a collaboration of acting, dancing and live music featuring Eugenie Bondurant and Ned Averill-Snell.
- Dance St. Pete is an evening at the Palladium Theater showcasing Tampa Bay’s professional dancers including Helen Hansen French and Alex Jones.
- Take A Chance Dance Project directed by Paula Kramer, pushes boundaries as local actors/writers, Bob Devin Jones, Fanni Green, and Maureen McDole infuse dance into original narratives.
- SPF18’s finale invites the audience to dance as Orchestra Fuego ignites the stage with Salsa, Merengue, Cha-Cha, Bolero and Bachata at the historic Manhattan Casino.
Oct. 25-26 Work: Site – Dance at Work
Six site-specific dance works created in and for workplaces around downtown St. Petersburg. A project of Dance Linkages, curated and directed by Andee Scott, Work: Site invites the audience to experience the making and performing of dance as public art, with open rehearsals occurring during regular business hours at each location leading up to the performances. Choreographers include Christina Acosta (FL), Laura Gutierrez(TX), Julie Nathanielsz (NY), Katurah Robinson (FL), Andee Scott (FL) and Natalia Vazquez (MX).
Times and locations vary, contact Andee Scott, 512-633-8986, email@example.com
Oct. 25 Air-Earth-Fire-Water: Creative Collaboration
Scientists wrangle with the real world and join dancers exploring imaginative movement in this joyous outdoor work that is storytelling through words and movement. Created by playwright Sheila Cowley, dancer/choreographer Helen Hansen French, co-choreographer Paula Kramer, featuring actors Eugenie Bondurant and Ned Averill-Snell, viola player A.J. Vaughan and dancers, Erin Cardinal, Brian Fidalgo, French and Alex Jones
5:30 and 6:30 PM, Museum of Fine Arts, 255 Beach Drive NE
Oct. 27 St. Pete Shares the Stage! Dance St. Pete
St. Pete’s vibrant dance community shares the stage to showcase the best of the best in the region for an enlivening evening of dance.
8:00 PM, The Palladium, 253 5th Ave. N.
Oct. 27 Take A Chance Dance Project
Actors/writers, Bob Devin Jones, Fanni Green and Maureen McDole collaborate with choreographer Paula Kramer to create three original performance pieces focusing on a sense of place. The excitement lies in taking a chance and revealing the dancer within the actor!
2:00 PM, ARTS46/4 at First Unity, 460 46th Ave N.
Oct. 28 Orchestra Fuego Concert & Dance – Benefit for Puerto Rico Relief
Grammy Nominated Orchestra Fuego, the hottest Latin Orchestra in Tampa Bay plays a wide variety of Latin American music including Salsa, Merengue, Cha-Cha, Bolero and Bachata. Spend your Sunday afternoon enjoying a special performance and taking a dance lesson!
6:00-9:00 PM, Manhattan Casino, 642 22nd St. South.
Tickets: $25, www.stpeteartsalliance.org
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is the umbrella organization serving the arts and cultural community: advocating for the arts; facilitating the growth of the arts community; and driving arts-related economic development in St. Petersburg.