Hudson, Florida (August 8, 2018) – The Neuroscience Center of Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point will hold an inaugural meeting of its stroke support group on Thursday, August 30, 2018, from 3 pm to 4 pm at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667 (back campus of the hospital).
The meeting will be facilitated by Lizabeth Rauckhorst, MS, CCC/SLP, and Amber Lockhart, MS, CCC/SLP (Certificate of Clinical Competence/Speech – Language Pathologists).
The inaugural meeting will provide general stroke education and fun activities relating to the possible side effects of stroke. Those who attend the local meeting will also be able to provide input on the proposed name for the group as well as topics for future meetings. For more information call (727) 861-8191
To RSVP for the August 30 event, call 727.869.5498 or toll free 888-741.5119.
Future meetings will be held on the last Thursday of each month at the same time and location
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.