Hudson, Florida (July 31, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that Laura Sammon-Linton, Unit Secretary of 2 West, is this year’s recipient of the hospital’s Frist Employee Humanitarian Award.
The Frist Humanitarian Award was created in 1971 to honor individuals for their humanitarian and volunteer activities. Named in honor of Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Sr., the Frist Humanitarian Award is the most prestigious honor and longest-standing tradition in HCA. Dr. Frist was often heard saying, “Good people beget good people” in referring to the quality of personnel that are associated with HCA. The Frist Employee Humanitarian Award recognizes employees whose daily dedication and caregiving epitomize the highest standards of quality and personal commitment. It is the highest honor HCA bestows on its most important resources.
A Frist award nominee is someone who has demonstrated remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of patients, and who has demonstrated a high level of commitment to community service above and beyond expectations.
The Frist Award is given to the employee who has been judged on the following four categories:
- Level of commitment to the facility and patient care
- Level of commitment to the community
- Having a positive effect on others
- Dependability, consistency and people-oriented
The Frist Employee Humanitarian Award winner receives $250 in cash, a Frist lapel pin, a plaque, a front row parking spot or pass in the physician’s parking lot for one full year, a beautiful large dish garden, and her picture on the display at the front entrance of the hospital.
Ms. Sammon-Linton has been employed as a unit secretary at Bayonet Point for two years. She has been recognized and known for her full commitment as an organ donation advocate. In 2010 she personally donated a kidney to her sister at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City. As such, she continues to be an advocate for organ donation as she is a LifeLink volunteer, New York City Kidney Walk participant, and a participant in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. She was featured with her sister in the National Kidney Foundation educational video series, “Living Well With Kidney Failure.” Ms. Sammon-Linton has personally donated DVD players and over 100 movies to UNC Rex Cancer Center for patients to view during infusions. She meets with individuals considering living kidney donations and helps them to come to an informed decision about whether to donate. Ms. Sammon-Linton has been recognized for her organ donor involvement both locally on 106.3 FM and nationally.
In making the announcement hospital CEO Sharon Hayes said, “HCA has a long tradition of recognizing those who embody the values and spirit of our culture. We celebrate and commend Laura for her achievements and contributions to her community both in New York and in her new home in Florida.”
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.