TAMPA (July 24, 2018) – Enviable design, quality construction, desirable locations and ample choices are why homeowners for decades have chosen to build their dream home with PulteGroup. Now, every newly-built Pulte, Centex and Del Webb home will be professionally constructed to accommodate the latest in smart home automation to fit every homeowner’s lifestyle how, when and where they want it.
Pulte’s West Florida Division will launch the technology in two of its Starkey Ranch neighborhoods in Odessa, including Homestead Park and Monroe Commons. Homeowners will have the luxury and ease of adding smart technologies that best fit their lifestyle at any point – without the cost, disruption or hassle that comes with retrofitting the home after it’s built. From the ground up, the home is ready to connect with seamless WiFi reliability and access a full array of customizable products and features designed to run a smarter home.
“We’re excited to bring homeowners the ability to control their home from the palm of their hand or with a simple voice command,” said Sean Strickler, PulteGroup Division President of West Florida. “From lights to the thermostat, security systems, appliances and more, homes will now be wired for convenience and efficiency.”
Studies have shown that smart home technology can reduce heating and cooling costs, improve home security and increase resale appeal, among other benefits. Moreover, recent survey data commissioned by PulteGroup shows that seven in 10 consumers believe having smart home technologies available in their home is important.
With their pre-wired smart technology-enabled home, owners have the flexibility to purchase upgrades and offerings that work best for their lifestyle from nationally-recognized providers including:
• Voice control allowing the ability to adjust connected features just by speaking
• Wireless access point locations have been “heat mapped” to minimize gaps in Wi-Fi coverage, allowing seamless internet connection throughout your home
• Smart thermostats from Honeywell that helps to more efficiently heat and cool the home, while offering owners the ability to adjust the thermostat remotely
• Remote garage door openers from LiftMaster that open and close garage doors remotely through a smartphone app
• Smart door locks from Schlage that can lock or unlock remotely
• Doorbell audio cameras from Ring Wired Elite, so homeowners can see who is at the door before opening
• Smart entry lighting, smart switches and outlets from Leviton that allow homeowners to set the mood with just a tap of a finger to adjust lights via a smartphone app. The combination can provide greater overall security for the home
• Home theater with smart speakers, including Amazon Echo and Sonos, with voice control and crystal-clear sound for music, TV, movies, radio and more.
White glove professional installation of these and other applications is also available, allowing homeowners Starkey Ranch and all new Pulte communities to enjoy their connected home without the added stress of set-up and configuration.
Starkey Ranch’s Homestead Park will offer 15 different plan options. Depending on the model, homes will range from 1,980 to more than 4,200 square feet, with options including two to five bedrooms, up to 4.5 bathrooms and the accommodation of up to three cars. The Starkey Ranch Trail will connect the neighborhood with the rest of the Starkey community and the J.B. Starkey Wilderness Preserve. Prices start in the upper $200s.
Monroe Commons on Huckleberry Pond and the Starkey Ranch District Park will offer six Pulte designs ranging from two to five bedrooms, up to three bathrooms and up to two-car garages. Homes range from 1,950 to 2,470 square feet and prices also start in the upper $200s. Pulte’s Monroe County homes are rated “Diamond Level” in energy efficiency by Environments for Living.
The multiple award-winning community offers amenities that appeal to the affluent buyer and nature lovers including a 12-mile trail system, four dog parks, and a lifestyle director and resident services team.
For more information on the Pulte Smart Home, including video and images, please visit the smart home press page at: https://www.pulte.com/pulte-smart-home.
ABOUT PULTE HOMES
Pulte Homes is a national brand of PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM). Pulte Homes builds consumer inspired homes and communities that provide the move-up buyer the best quality of life. Only Pulte Homes offers the combination of innovative Life Tested Home Designs® with an unwavering commitment to quality and attention to detail. For more information about Pulte Homes, visit www.pulte.com.