SARASOTA COUNTY – Beach University, the free environmental education program, continues at Siesta Beach through December. Held on the first Saturday of each month, classes cover a variety of environmental topics and provide hands-on opportunities to learn from instructors for how to best care for the ecology.
The following classes and topics are scheduled:
- July 7: Creatures of the Intertidal Zone.
- Aug. 4: Local Talk About Sea Turtles, presented by Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium.
- Sep. 1: Native vs. Exotic Plants on our Beaches.
- Oct. 6: The Sand and Shells Found on Siesta Key, presented Sarasota Shell Club.
- Nov. 3: Native American Technology, presented by Around the Bend Nature Tours.
- Dec. 1: Slither and Hiss-Snakes of Florida.
Classes are held 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. at the main pavilion at Siesta Beach, 948 Beach Road, Siesta Key. Registration is not required, but seating is limited.
For more information, contact the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000 or visit scgov.net.
Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities.
View the complete policy at scgov.net (keywords: ADA compliance)