Bayonet Point has the Only Comprehensive Stroke Center in Citrus, Hernando & Pasco Counties
Hudson, Florida (June 28, 2018) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is proud to announce that it has been licensed as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Agency for Healthcare Administration (AHCA). It is one of only 45 hospitals in the state and the only one located in Pasco County, providing patients with 24/7 availability of immediate access to the full spectrum of neuroscience-related care, including the latest technologies in the detection, treatment, and rehabilitation for strokes.
The hospital recently held a ribbon cutting for its Neuroscience Center, which features the new state-of-the-art Innova™ IGS 630 Biplane Interventional Imaging System by GE Healthcare. The new technology and service allows physicians to view real time images of patients during stroke and other neuro-endovascular events and perform lifesaving neuro interventions. The team uses the next generation of tools, such as the Biplane System, to treat ischemic stroke, brain aneurysm, and other vascular abnormalities.
Sharon Hayes, CEO, stated that with the addition of the hospital’s neuroscience center “We now have 24/7 advanced, emergency stroke care. When it comes to stroke, every minute counts – time is brain. The quicker we can detect and treat someone with a stroke, the greater the window is to preserve a patient’s brain function and quality of life,” said Ms. Hayes. “This is a significant advancement for the community as Bayonet Point is now the only Comprehensive Stroke Center between Gainesville and Tampa,” she added.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 and 2018 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017 and 2018
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.BayonetPointHospital.com or visit us on Facebook.