Winners of two Hugh “Max” Kriever Memorial Scholarships and ten Achieva Credit Union Scholarships Announced
JUNE 8, 2017 (DUNEDIN, Fla.) – Achieva Credit Union awarded $15,000 in scholarships to twelve college-bound graduates. Achieva awarded 10 $1,000 scholarships to local students. In addition, two graduating high-school studentswho plan to major in Education were each awarded a $2,500 Hugh “Max” Kriever Memorial Scholarship, in memory of the former Chairman of the Board for Achieva.
“Awarding Achieva scholarships is one of the most important and rewarding things we do each year,” said Gary Regoli, Achieva Credit Union Chief Executive Officer. “These students work hard and dream big, and we are grateful to be able to help them on their academic journey. I give my sincere congratulations to each one of these dedicated students.”
Representatives of Achieva’s Board of Directors and Leadership Team spoke to the graduates at a special evening reception hosted at Achieva’s corporate office in Dunedin, Fla. in honor of all scholarship recipients. Speakers encouraged recipients to maintain a focus on service and thrift while pursuing their goals.
Applicants were evaluated on a range of factors, including academic accomplishments, extracurricular activities, community involvement and future goals. Their essay answers regarding responsible money management and financial literacy in relation to community impact were also taken into consideration.
Hugh “Max” Kriever Memorial Scholarship:
- Sabrina Weaver – University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee
- Wade Jellings – Anclote High School
Achieva Credit Union Scholarship Recipients:
- Benjamin Lameyer – Northside Christian High School
- Haley DeYulus – Estero High School
- Emma Touchton – Tarpon Springs High School
- Joshua Nikolas Bronto – Largo High School
- Justine Brennan – University of South Florida
- Laura Young – Northeast High School
- Lauren Lang – Palm Harbor University High School
- Marielle Briones – University of South Florida
- Mason Kennedy – Sarasota High School
- Ryan Goodrich – Osceola Fundamental High School
About Achieva Credit Union: Achieva Credit Union was founded in 1937 in Pinellas County. Today, it is rated a Superior 5-Star credit union by Bauer Financial and has more than $1.5 billion in assets and 24 branches serving more than 150,000 members. Anyone who lives or works in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, and Sarasota Counties, or whose family member has an Achieva Credit Union account can bank with Achieva. For more information about Achieva, visit www.achievacu.com.