Homosassa, Florida (May 29, 2018) – The Royal Dalton House is pleased to announce that it will host a Hurricane Preparedness & Community Expo for seniors and their families on June 23 from 10 am to 2 pm at the new Royal Dalton House, 5445 West Oak Park Boulevard, Homosassa, Florida 34446.
This expo will emphasize hurricane preparedness as it affects our senior population. The effects of Hurricane Irma demonstrated all too well the need to pay particular attention to the needs of the older demographic during catastrophes such as hurricanes and other causes of power outages.
Royal Dalton House is proud of the fact that its new building features the first backup generator to be in total compliance with the latest regulations since Hurricane Irma.
The expo will feature a wide variety of organizations and vendors who will be providing a wide range of information:
- The Citrus County Sheriff Emergency Management will be providing information on shelters and what to expect from emergency management in the event of a hurricane. It will also provide the latest in hurricane preparedness.
- YMCA’s senior program and their program manager will be providing information.
- Citrus County Fire Department will showcase their latest equipment.
- Florida Highway Patrol will present their roll-over demonstration vehicle.
- Bayfront Brooksville Hospital will be bringing information regarding their emergency room services and how they can help during a hurricane.
- LifeSouth will be taking blood donations.
- Terlep Chiropractic will provide free massages.
- Citrus County Chamber of Commerce will discuss how business is being prepared before and after the storm.
- Mederi Caretenders will be checking blood pressures.
Special thank you to:
- Citrus County Sheriff’s Department who will provide security crowd control and parking.
- The Young Marines who will be assisting with parking.
- Rita’s will be providing free samples of their Italian ices.
- A special thank you to Mike Scott Plumbing who will be providing bottled water during the event.
In addition, Senior Helpers will bring their Virtual Dementia Tour bus. The virtual dementia tour (DVT) is the original groundbreaking, evidence-based and scientifically proven method of building a greater understanding of dementia. The DVT uses patented sensory tools and instruction based on research produced by PK Beville, MS, a specialist in geriatrics and founder of Second Wind Dreams®. During a virtual dementia tour experience, trained facilitators guide participants outfitted with patented devices that alter their senses while they try to complete common everyday tasks and exercises. The tour enables caregivers to experience for themselves the physical and mental challenges those with dementia face and use the experience to provide better person-centered care.
Other vendors include:
- Schuayb Serenity Spa
- Absolute Health
- Tree Care by Robert Miller
- Complete Restoration
- Absolute Law Group
- Absolute Elder Care
- Comprehensive Home Care
- Eagle Buick/GMC
- Worthington AC & Heating
- Diamond Ridge
- Alliance of Therapy Dogs
- Hospice of Citrus County
Citrus County Commissioner Scott Carnahan will be available to discuss latest developments in Citrus County and latest Citrus County ordinances.
For more information call 352-765-3259 or email administrator@RoyalDaltonHouse.com.
About The Royal Dalton House
The Royal Dalton House is an assisted living and memory care facility located in the Deer Park Community in the middle of Sugarmill Woods. The Royal Dalton House is designed to provide its residents with an elegant lifestyle along with the comforts and conveniences of home, plus a variety of exceptional amenities and services.
The family owned community is designed to offer stylish apartments in an intimate setting. Services are offered to complement our residents’ needs – from independent living to memory care.
The Royal Dalton House amenities include a wellness center, English pub, hair salon, theater/chapel, putting green and much more. A few of the services the community offers include chef-prepared meals, transportation and accompaniment to scheduled medical visits.