Spring Hill, Florida (May 16, 2018) – The results of the Great Hernando Weight Loss Challenge are in. Oak Hill Hospital’s teams lost a total of 1,162.52 pounds. Oak Hill also boasted second place male for the most weight lost: John Withee in Food & Nutritional Services (team 048) who lost 45 pounds. Second place overall female for the most weight lost in the Great Hernando Weight Loss Challenge was Jennifer Taylor (team 076) who also lost 45 pounds. Total weight loss by all teams during the challenge were 7,295 pounds. Each of Oak Hill Hospital’s teams are as follows:
- 073 Oak Hill Downsizing, Juan Rios, EVS Director, -140.4
- 048 Oak Hill A Lot At Steak, Tim Krusko, FANS Director, -136.8
- 076 Oak Hill Dump Your Rump, Margaret Higginbotham, 3South Manager, -128.3
- 012 Oak Hill Big Pharma, Jennifer Sokol, Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, -109.1
- 068 Oak Hill Thunder Thighs Jeanne Hancock, RN ICU, -100.9
- 008 Oak Hill Slinkydinks with Diminishing Returns, Terri Brooks, Supply Chain Director, -90.4
- 009 Oak Hill Flab-u-Less, Theresa Eatough, PAS Director, -87.4
- 057 Oak Hill Weapons of Mass Destruction, Tequila Fields, Rehab Director, -84
- 074 Oak Hill Lean into the ER, Kim Loucks, ER Director, -78.2
- 013 Oak Hill Skinny Minnies, Heather Bemis, HR One Business Partner, -73.5
- 075 Oak Hill Sugar Babies, Dorine Garcia, 3North RN, -52.22
- 002 Oak Hill Health Buddies, Katie Stacy, Marketing Coordinator, -51.4
- 035 Oak Hill Chunky Monkeys, Jennifer Evans, RN -29.9
The Great Hernando Weight Loss Challenge is a grass roots effort for the community to come together and form teams of 10 who commit to lose 10 pounds each over a 10-week period for an entry fee of only $10 per person. The proceeds were to fund the event. The goal was to have as many possible community members engaged in improving their health and to have some fun along the way.
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital Newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984, is the area’s largest private employer with 280 beds, and is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties. The Facility offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including an arrhythmia center and open-heart surgery. Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team is comprised of over 500 physicians, 1,300 associates, and approximately 250 volunteers.
Oak Hill Hospital is an accredited teaching hospital with approval to train 65 residents in the Internal Medicine program, 24 residents in the Family Medicine program, 18 residents in the General Surgery program integrated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 18 residents in the Emergency Medicine program, 18 residents in the Anesthesia program, and 10 residents in the Transitional Year program.
The Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital opened in 2016, offering advanced labor and delivery capabilities in a comfortable and family centered setting. In addition to the Graduate Medical Education Program, Oak Hill Hospital offers several unique programs in the area, including a 24/7 Critical Care Medicine Program staffed by Intensivists, and a Pediatric ER. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
The Hospital is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL; 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus County call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or Like Us on Facebook.