Spring Hill, Florida (May 10, 2018) – Oak Hill Hospital, in collaboration with Citrus Memorial Hospital and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, will continue its very popular For Your Health Community Education Series with a seminar entitled, “Keep Your Brain Healthy: Stroke Awareness & Prevention” on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Silverthorn Country Club, 4550 Golf Club Lane, Spring Hill, Florida 34609. The seminar panel includes:
- Amanda Avila, MD, board certified in psychiatry and neurology, Fellowship-Trained in movement disorders and neurorestoration, on staff at Citrus Memorial Hospital
- Salman Muddassir, MD, board certified in internal medicine and Internal Medicine Residency Program Director at Oak Hill Hospital
- John Clay Brunson, Jr., MD, board certified diagnostic radiologist, diagnostic neuroradiologist and Fellowship-Trained interventional neuroradiologist at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
A stroke is a life-changing event for a patient and his or her caregivers. The seminar will allow attendees to learn about stroke prevention, signs and symptoms, and the treatment and recovery process available in our community at Citrus Memorial Hospital, Oak Hill Hospital, and Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point.
The panel discussion will be followed by a question and answer session with the physicians. Registrants are encouraged to prepare their questions ahead of time.
A complimentary hot meal will be served, and seating is limited. Reservations are required. Doors open at 4:15 pm. For more information and for reservations call 352-597-6333 in Hernando/Pasco or 352-628-6060 in Citrus or visit OakHillHospital.com/ForYourHealth.
Visit the Oak Hill Hospital Newsroom for recent releases: www.OakHillHospital.com/About/Newsroom/
About Oak Hill Hospital:
Oak Hill Hospital has been serving the Nature Coast since 1984, is the area’s largest private employer with 280 beds, and is the largest medical facility in Hernando and Citrus Counties. The Facility offers Hernando County’s only comprehensive cardiovascular program, including an arrhythmia center and open-heart surgery. Oak Hill Hospital’s healthcare delivery team is comprised of over 500 physicians, 1,300 associates, and approximately 250 volunteers.
Oak Hill Hospital is an accredited teaching hospital with approval to train 65 residents in the Internal Medicine program, 24 residents in the Family Medicine program, 18 residents in the General Surgery program integrated with Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 18 residents in the Emergency Medicine program, 18 residents in the Anesthesia program, and 10 residents in the Transitional Year program.
The Maternity Suites at Oak Hill Hospital opened in 2016, offering advanced labor and delivery capabilities in a comfortable and family centered setting. In addition to the Graduate Medical Education Program, Oak Hill Hospital offers several unique programs in the area, including a 24/7 Critical Care Medicine Program staffed by Intensivists, and a Pediatric ER. Please visit our website for a comprehensive listing of all Oak Hill Hospital accreditations, awards, and distinctions.
The Hospital is located at 11375 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL; 1.9 miles east of US 19 on State Road 50. For more information about this release, please contact Richard W. Linkul, Director of Marketing, at 352-597-6383 or Richard.Linkul@HCAHealthcare.com. In Citrus County call 352-628-6441. For more information about Oak Hill Hospital, visit our website at OakHillHospital.com, or Like Us on Facebook.
About Citrus Memorial Hospital
Celebrating more than a 60 year history of healing, Citrus Memorial Hospital is the leading provider of healthcare in Citrus County and the surrounding area. More than 150 physicians and 1,000 employees at the 204-bed acute care hospital offer a wide range of services including 24-hour emergency room care, heart and vascular surgery, orthopedic and spine surgery, and women’s services. Citrus Memorial is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is fully licensed by the State of Florida.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
- Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
- Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
- Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
- Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgeons
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.