Lakeland, FL – The second phase of the popular Watson Clinic Highlands campus has completed construction, and is now open for patient appointments. This 39,000 square foot addition more than doubles the size of the facility, and delivers more doctors, more specialties, and greater convenience than ever before for patients in south Lakeland, Bartow and surrounding communities.
“Now more than ever with the opening of Phase 2, Watson Clinic Highlands is a full-service medical campus where patients of all ages can find the comprehensive and diverse healthcare experience they deserve,” says Watson Clinic Managing Partner and practicing nephrologist Steven G, Achinger, MD.
With this second facility on the Watson Clinic Highlands campus, patients can expect the following new or expanded services:
- Expanded offerings in the departments of Otolaryngology (ENT)/Facial Plastic Surgery, Dermatology, Pediatrics and OB-GYN.
- A host of new specialties including General Surgery, Hand Surgery, Internal Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery/Sports Medicine departments.
- Enhanced radiology and laboratory testing facilities, including state-of-the-art MRI imaging, X-ray, DEXA bone density scanning, ultrasound, CAT Scan and 3D mammography.
- A new priority care office for same and next day appointments headed by Family Medicine specialist Dr. David Remmer.
- A second location for our Medical Spa at Watson Clinic.
A number of Watson Clinic physicians have relocated their practices to the expanded facility effective immediately. Orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist Dr. Marc Volpe and pediatrician Dr. Varsha Ghayal have moved their offices to the new Highlands facility on a full-time basis. Meanwhile, orthopaedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist Dr. Prashant Desai will devote four days a week to his practice at Highlands while maintaining one day a week for his practice at our Main location in Lakeland.
Watson Clinic Highlands will announce additional specialties and services in the coming months. Watson Clinic Highlands is located at 2300 E. County Road 540A in south Lakeland. For more information and to schedule an appointment, call 863-607-3333 or visitWatsonClinic.com/Highlands.
About Watson Clinic LLP: As one of the largest multispecialty medical clinics in the southeast, Watson Clinic provides comprehensive healthcare services to residents of Lakeland and surrounding communities. First established in 1941, Watson Clinic has grown to include over 220 board-certified physicians representing more than 40 medical and surgical specialties. The Clinic is proud to deliver quality healthcare to every generation from our Main location at 1600 Lakeland Hills Boulevard in Lakeland, as well as at multiple convenient locations throughout Polk, Pasco and Hillsborough counties.More information is available at: www.WatsonClinic.com.