CareerSource Suncoast announces that registration is open for the second annual State of Talent Conference on May 24, 2018 at the new Westin Sarasota. This full-day conference welcomes human resource professionals, business owners, and community leaders to better understand the state of talent in our community. This year’s conference has concurrent tracks, including a talent track focused on individual employers’ needs to develop talent and a leadership track designed to look at community wide initiatives to enhance economic development, workforce and education. A new addition to the agenda this year is the Innovation in Workforce Luncheon presented by Ringling College of Art + Design, which will recognize regional employers’ innovative approaches for recruiting, training and retaining talent on the Suncoast.
- Developing Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Workforce (pre-conference workshop), This session brings together the top leadership at our region’s school districts to discuss how they’re preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s workforce
- Stress: Your Friend & Solution to High Performance and Balance (pre-conference workshop),teaches you the new science as well as effective strategies to increase performance and create balance in your life. This is an interactive, high energy workshop that will give you skills you can use the rest of the day and the rest of your life
- Why the Creative City Needs Talent, explore why talent is critical to rebirth of our cities and feature best practices across the country for attracting and retaining talent in our communities
- Your Competitive Edge in Talent Acquisition – Internships!, Learn how to effectively develop, implement, manage and assess an impactful Internship program; Review the legal and workforce development implications of hosting interns
- Unlocking the Potential of Labor Market Analytics to Foster Talent and Career Pathway Development, discussion on how communities can unlock the potential of data to foster talent and career pathway development
Speakers and panelists include Steven Pedigo, Director of Cities and Research for the Creative Class Group, Cissy Proctor, Executive Director of the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, Jason Tyszko, Executive Director of the Center for Education and Workforce, David Houle, Futurist in Residence and Guest Lecturer at the Ringling College of Art & Design, Kathy McDonald, Assistant Director of Network Partnerships with the Florida College Access Network, Joshua Wright, Director of Economic and Workforce Development at Emsi, Natalie Johnson, President of Population Health Consultants, Dr. Robert Shindell, President and CEO of Intern Bridge, Sean Dotson, President and CEO of RND Automation & Engineering, and Steve Shenbaum, President and CEO of game on Nation.
“The level of interest and participation we received from the first State of Talent Conference in 2017 clearly shows that there is a need for our region to come together and rethink workforce. Employers are tuned in to their own needs and address challenges at their level, but there is power and knowledge in numbers. This year we are thankful for the opportunity to expand the conference to a larger venue that allows us to accommodate nearly twice as many attendees as well as hold separate track sessions, sit-down luncheon and post-conference networking. The team here at CareerSource Suncoast looks forward to collaborating once again with leaders in our region to tackle important workforce issues.” – Ted Ehrlichman, President and CEO of CareerSource Suncoast.
Sponsors include SRQ Media, Plymouth Harbor, Sarasota-Manatee Human Resources Association, Ringling College of Art + Design, PGT Innovations, FCCI Insurance Group, Herald-Tribune | ZipRecruiter, State College of Florida Manatee-Sarasota and the Economic Development Corporation of Sarasota County.
Registration is $229 and includes breakfast, workshops, Innovation in Workforce Luncheon, post-conference networking event and 6 CE credits. Tickets for the Innovation in Workforce Luncheon may be purchased separately for $60 if you are unable to attend the conference. For more information and to register, please visit www.stateoftalent.org.
About CareerSource Suncoast
CareerSource Suncoast is a non-profit dedicated to providing education and tools to connect employers with skilled talent. Our mission is to recruit, train and retain talent for employers on the Suncoast. An equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All voice telephone numbers on this document may be reached by persons using TTY/TDD equipment via the Florida Relay Service at 711.