SARASOTA COUNTY – Sarasota County will host a series of educational flood zone workshops throughout 2018 at several county libraries.
The workshops are intended to educate residents, lenders and insurance and real estate agents about flood risks, zones, maps, regulations and mandatory insurance purchase requirements. Attendees will also find out why flood zone maps are continuously updated.
All workshops are from 10:15 a.m. to noon, and no registration is required. Some upcoming workshop dates and locations include:
- Selby Library, 1331 First St., Sarasota: Jan. 23, Feb. 13, May 8
- Elsie Quirk Library, 100 Dearborn St., Englewood: Jan. 24, March 29
- North Port Library, 13800 Tamiami Trail, North Port: Jan. 30, Feb. 20, March 20, April 17
- Fruitville Library, 100 Coburn Road, Sarasota: Feb. 15, April 4
- Jacaranda Library, 4143 Woodmere Park Blvd., Venice: Feb. 22, March 15
- Gulf Gate Library, 7112 Curtiss Ave., Sarasota: March 6
To see the full list of 2018 workshops or for more information, visit scgov.net/floodprotection or call the Sarasota County Contact Center at 941-861-5000.
Sarasota County prohibits discrimination in all services, programs or activities. View the complete policy at www.scgov.net (keywords: ADA compliance)