Tampa, Fla. – Literacy Week, January 22-26, will be celebrated at Hillel Academy with book giving, book reading, noshing, snuggling, and even a parade!
“Hillel Academy is known for being ahead of the curve in technology, but we still try to instill the value of hands-on, uninterrupted quality time with books. Our library and this week dedicated to reading reinforces that,” says Allison Oakes, head of school.
Each of the students at the school will get to participate in the activities, held on the following days:
- Monday, Jan. 22: Do a mitzvah, give a book
- Tuesday, Jan. 23: Relaxation, snacking and reading in the “Starbooks” Café
- Wednesday, Jan. 24: Guest readers and visiting authors will visit with children, including Josh Gad – the voice of Olaf in the Disney hit movie, “Frozen.”
- Thursday, Jan. 25: Students will dress up as their favorite characters to participate in the Storybook Character Parade
- Friday, Jan. 26: Students will dress in pajamas for snuggling and reading for this Shabbat dinner event, open to families and the public
“Florida Literacy Week should prove to be one of the best weeks of the year at Hillel. We celebrate the joy of reading and the students get to be creative, have fun and interact with authors,” says Sara Fisch, Hillel Academy’s curriculum coordinator and reading specialist.
Hillel Academy, Tampa’s only accredited Jewish day school, provides excellence in academics, technology and Jewish life. Financial aid and transportation options are available. At Hillel Academy, students receive a superior education enhanced by the opportunity to learn about their place in the community. Hillel Academy is accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Florida Kindergarten Council, and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
More information about Hillel Academy’s offerings, financial aid and tour scheduling are available by calling 813.963.2242 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.