St. Petersburg Arts Alliance presents arts business sound principles that inform and inspire successful for profit and non-profit creative businesses. The one-hour sessions are held on third Thursdays, January-March with coffee/networking at 8:30 a.m. and the seminar at 9 a.m.
January 18, Marketing & Promoting Your Creative Business
Success won’t happen if you don’t work “it.” This session will tell you what the “it” is. Studio and gallery owners who participate in ArtWalk are especially encouraged to attend.
- Attract more collectors, gallery dealers, and museum curators through marketing your art.
- Exposure = Success! But, output does not equal outcomes on social media. Effectively use Facebook, Twitter, and other sites to promote your work.
- Access the eight ways the Arts Alliance and Your Virtual Footprint can help you market and promote your business
- Garner publicity through effective media releases and email marketing campaigns.
Presenters: Tracy Kennard, Your Virtual Footprint, John Collins, St. Petersburg Arts Alliance
February 15, Tax Year 2017 Realities and Plans for Tax Year 2018
Tax Laws are changing. Topics include:
- Income – W-2 and 1099-MISC, Standard Deduction and Exemptions
- W-4 Adjustments and Tax Withholding
- Business Expenses – Form 2106, Schedule A and Schedule C
- Ways to Plan for Tax Year 2018 Tax Reform
Presenter: Susan Plage, H&R Block. This is Susan’s fourth year teaching this popular session.
March 15, Grant writing/Development/Research
The most repeated request we receive is for our annual grant writing class. This session will delve more into where to find donors. You cannot simply write a letter and hope. Grantsmanship involves research so that you send the right ask to the right person. Research is the key to where to apply, and then craft the right approach.Presenters to be announced.
For more information and to register, please go to stpetegreenhouse.org/events.
About The Greenhouse
The Greenhouse is St. Petersburg’s “front door” to business growth, providing business owners and entrepreneurs with the education, resources, and assistance necessary to thrive in the local economy. Comprised of an expert team from the City of St. Petersburg and the St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce, The Greenhouse opens the door to business success in our community.
About the At. Petersburg Arts Alliance
The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance is the umbrella organization serving the arts and cultural community: advocating for the arts; facilitating the growth of the arts community; and driving arts-related economic development in St. Petersburg.