LAKELAND, FL – (December 16, 2017) The Hearing Loss Association – Lakeland Chapter extends an invitation to Join us Thursday, January 11, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 175 Lake Hollingsworth Drive, Lakeland, Florida 33801. Our meetings are in Multipurpose Room A. To learn more about the Lakeland HLAA Chapter meetings, visit our website at www.hla-lakeland.org.
Accessibility – What you should know!
Our guest speaker will be Jenny Sykes, City of Lakeland ADA/Accessibility Services Specialist, who will provide a brief Overview of ADA, the difference between a Title II entity and a Title III entity and how to bring Accessibility concerns to the attention of the City of Lakeland.
Here are some points that Jenny will cover:
- The ADA is the Americans with Disabilities Act, and it is Civil Rights legislation.
- There are 5 Title categories under ADA, simply referred to as “Titles”
- The City of Lakeland focuses on Title II
- Throughout the City of Lakeland, there are many areas that are not under the City’s responsibility for compliance. This includes operations of Title III entities
- How to report Accessibility concerns to the City of Lakeland
- City of Lakeland Accessibility Initiatives 2016 through 2017
Everyone is welcome….our meetings are looped and captioned, so everyone can hear and understand. More about us at www.hla-lakeland.org