The Tampa chapter of the American Culinary Federation in partnership with Custom Culinary® will sponsor an open culinary competition to be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at the Silo Event Center located at 9036 Brittany Way Tampa, FL 33619.
- The Challenge: Present 4 small plate-appetizer portions in 1 hour (3 for tasting plates & 1 for photo).
- Entry Fee: $25 payable to ACF Tampa Bay. Mail check to: 8450 White Poplar Dr. Riverview, FL 33578
- Deadline: Email recipes entries and questions of kitchen/venue to Vanessa Marquis at Vnmarquis@gmail.com or 813-922-1624 by January 12, 2018.
For Custom Culinary® samples prior to event, please reach out to
Rick Eppers at Reppers@acosta.com or 813-404-0021
Recipe Contest Rules:
- You create the recipe! 4 portions, to be restaurant-applicable in today’s marketplace, functional regarding food cost practicality.
- Provide a written recipe with your application. You must bring your own equipment, food, and plates.
- Request products from Custom Culinary® ahead of time or some products will be on site. Mise en place may be done, but raw food must come in and must cook on site.
- You will have 1 hour to prepare & present. Presentation must include the use of two (2) Custom Culinary® products and one must be uncooked, options include aioli-pesto, remoulade or flavored mayonnaise. Links for products will be provided once you register.
- You will be in a commercial kitchen in the Tampa/Brandon area. Scheduling is first-come, first-booked time slot from 8:00am to 4:00pm. We can accommodate several competitors at one time.
- If you need to bring specific equipment, please confirm we have the power source (plug-in) you need to operate it. Judging is by a panel of 3 professional judges. Results and award ceremony will follow immediately & will be posted online at ACF Tampa Bay Chapter.
- Custom Culinary® products available: Gold Label, True Foundations™, Master’s Touch® Bases and Flavor Concentrates. This contest is open to non-ACF members/chefs and ACF members/chefs.
Prizes for First through Fourth Place:
- 1st. Place: $750
- 2nd. Place: $500
- 3rd. Place: $250
- 4th. Place: $100