Hudson, Florida (December 11, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has opened a Better Breathing Clinic to assist patients with managing disease processes that affect the patient’s ability to lead active and full lives, due to medical conditions that affect their breathing. The clinic opened on December 8, 2017 and it is staffed by a practicing Pulmonologist and Cardiologist. For more information, call 727-819-2945.
Every day many Americans face a number of disease processes that may impair their ability to breathe sufficiently enough to participate in routine activities of daily living. Some diseases such as COPD, congestive heart failure, and heart valve disease can cause an acute or chronic symptom of shortness of breath in those affected with the disease. It is estimated that 30 million Americans are affected by COPD, and nearly five million Americans are currently living with congestive heart failure. More than five million Americans are diagnosed with heart valve disease each year.
The Goal of the Better Breathing Clinic
The goal of the Better Breathing Clinic at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is to provide medical care for exacerbations of conditions that affect breathing, such as congestive heart failure, valvular heart disease, and respiratory conditions, such as COPD and asthma. The clinic will assist patients in receiving medical care outside the emergency department, and partners with a patient’s pulmonologist, cardiologist, and primary care physicians to be sure that the patient receives timely treatment for exacerbations of conditions that affect their breathing status.
Services Provided in the Clinic:
- Emergent intravenous therapy and other infusion therapies for the treatment of acute conditions.
- Medical therapy consistent with evidence-based practices.
- Assistance with smooth transition from hospital discharge to home.
- Comprehensive education on diet, exercise, smoking cessation, and understanding the disease processes and available treatments.
- Timely outpatient workups to include: chest x-rays, laboratory blood work, pulmonary spirometry, and evaluation with a six-minute walk.
For more information about the Better Breathing Clinic call 727-819-2945.
Attached photo: Kelly Powell ARNP and Jose F. Pascual, MD (Standing)
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.