From an expanded Hispanic product assortment to the convenience of a free-standing Walmart Pickup desk, the recently completed remodel of the Walmart Neighborhood Market at 8885 N. Florida Ave. has brought a number of exciting new features. These and others will be on display following a grand reopening ribbon-cutting at 8 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 10.
“The people of this community have been through Hurricane Irma – and it left our store without power and closed for three days,” said Store Manager Kevin Summey. “But the community came together. This store remodel is another positive story and an example of Walmart’s continued investment in Tampa.”
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
· Redesigned customer service desk with more space for money services
· Addition of a free-standing Walmart Pickup desk to serve customers who shop Walmart.com
· More spacious checkout area at front of store
· Expanded assortment of Hispanic products throughout the store to meet customer demand
· Brighter lighting, including in produce department to showcase store’s commitment to fresh
· Refreshed pharmacy with new private consultation room
· New-look, full-service deli with upgraded tile and handicap-accessible counter
· Larger signage throughout for ease of navigation
· Refreshed liquor store
“We’re excited for everyone to come see how we’re helping give time back to our customers with a new and improved shopping experience,” said Summey.
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment. Summey has been with Walmart for 16 years.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,700 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/Walmart5221/ for more news about your Tampa Walmart Neighborhood Market.