St. Petersburg residents and vacationers alike will get their first look at the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter at 3501 34th St. S. in the Skyway Marina District on Friday, Oct. 27. A grand reopening ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 7:30 a.m.
“This remodel, along with our everyday low prices, represents our continued investment in St. Petersburg,” said Store Manager Jose Madera-Montanez. “Listening to customers and incorporating the products and experiences they want is what it means to be a store of the community.”
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
• State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets and other technology prior to purchase
• Redesigned home department with longer aisles for easier access and navigation
• Refreshed pharmacy with additional service lanes and new consultation room
• Brighter lighting in produce department to showcase fresh offering; new refrigerated island for berries and cut fruit
• Gluten-free grocery section relocated near front of store
• New fixtures and displays in bakery department
• Expanded assortment of industrial-size and power tools in hardware
• Redesigned baby department with strollers at floor level and easier access to everyday essentials like formula and diapers
• Eight additional self-checkouts to help customers save time
• Refreshed restrooms at front of store
At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better – anytime and anywhere – in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, nearly 260 million customers and members visit our 11,593 stores under 63 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $486 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.4 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.