Hudson, Florida (October12, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point proudly announces the promotion of Aaron Preston, RN, BSN, as Director of Medical/Surgical Services. Mr. Preston was promoted from his position in Infection Control Management. He has been on staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point since 2010 serving as a Nursing Supervisor from 2014 to 2015.
Prior to his nursing career Mr. Preston served as a sergeant in the United States Marine Corp where he helped oversee communications during two combat tours.
He holds a Bachelor of Science in nursing degree from St. Petersburg College and an Associate in Science in nursing degree from Pasco Hernando Community College.
Attached photo: Aaron Preston, RN, BSN
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Accredited Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.comor www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.