The largest farmers market in the southeast US celebrates 15 year anniversary!
September 27, 2017 — (St. Petersburg, FL) — Beginning Saturday, October 7, St Petersburg’s Saturday Morning Market will be reopening for its 15th season on the beautiful waterfront of downtown St Petersburg.
With about 10,000 customers a week, and 170 vendors rotating through 130 spaces, the market is the largest farmers market in the southeast US, and one of the most successful in the US.
The Market is held weekly on Saturdays from October through May, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. It is located at the Al Lang Field parking lot, which is located on the corner of 1st Ave S and 1st Street.
Each week, shoppers can browse for fresh fruits and vegetables, loaves of rustic bread, gourmet- prepared foods, specialty foods, herbs, plants, hand crafted gifts and much more. Live music and entertainment every week adds an upbeat tone to the market atmosphere.
15 Year Anniversary – November
In the month of November, the Market will be celebrating its 15th year anniversary. Each week in November, we’ll highlight a different way that the Market has achieved excellence including:
- Farm-fresh food – We’re bringing customer farm-fresh food straight from the ground.
- Business Incubation – We’ve helped numerous entrepreneurs achieve unexpected success.
- Non-profit education – We’ve provided over 1000 free spaces for non-profits to share their services.
- Social Engagement – Customers share that the vibrant atmosphere at the Market serves as a highlight of their week.
Know Your Farmer
The market is one of the few places customers can talk directly to farmers and learn about their growing practices – most of whom raise their products using sustainable growing methods.
We’re pleased that our primary farms, Worden Farm and Little Pond Farm, survived Irma’s wrath and will be attending on the first day of Market with an early season harvest.
The Market Regularly wins awards and customer contests such as:
- Best Farmers Market – Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay award – 7 years running
- Best Hotspot or Hangout – St Pete Chamber of Commerce – 2x winner
- Certificate of Excellence – TripAdvisor – 4 years running
- Best Event – Downtown Neighborhood Association