SARASOTA/BRADENTON, FL – Goodwill Manasota is expanding its programmatic offerings to include a new speaker series to inspire and empower change in the personal and professional realms. The five-part “Change Series” will feature speakers who will address topics including emotional health, communication, collaboration, networking and public speaking; the free events will all take place in September.
“Earlier this year, we hosted an eight-part lecture series called ‘Women Empowered’ – attendees left feeling inspired and ready to make changes in their lives,” said Goodwill Manasota vice president Veronica Brandon Miller. “We decided to use the momentum from Women Empowered and take the message to the next level. Our Change Series speakers will offer concrete strategies for making positive changes that can benefit attendees both personally and professionally.”
The five workshops are:
• “Change the Way You Feel”: Certified Jack Canfield Success Trainer and Master RIM Practitioner and Coach, Michael Kline, will discuss the benefits of using RIM (Regenerating Images in Memory) to reduce stress, anxiety, and both emotional and physical pain to create health, love and success. (Thursday, September 7, 6 p.m.)
• “Change the Way You Communicate”: Poppy and Geoff Spencer, licensed, certified New Life Story Coaches®, relationship and parenting experts, have developed a trademarked diagnostic communication tool designed to improve heart healthy communication. Attendees of this workshop will learn proven strategies that can immediately be implemented in all of their interpersonal communications. (Wednesday, September 13, 6 p.m.)
• “Change the Way You Collaborate”: Goodwill Manasota’s vice president of Foundation, Veronica Brandon Miller has, for more than 25 years, helped nonprofits enhance and advance their mission. Attendees will learn how to avoid bumps in the road when working with others – both inside and outside of their organization – as well as how to achieve positive and desirable outcomes for all parties involved. (Thursday, September 14, 6 p.m.)
• “Change the Way You Connect with Your Audience”: Pavitra Ciavardone, CPCC, is a leadership and public speaking coach and creator of “Pausitive Living – 5 Steps to Brilliant Resilience.” Attendees will learn the keys to connecting, engaging, and relating to an audience of any size, and will leave with the knowledge and skills to take their presentations to the next level. (Tuesday, September 19, 6 p.m.)
• “Change the Way You Network”: Lee-En Chung, P.E. is an engineer, award-winning entrepreneur, and Huffington Post blogger with a unique approach to networking. Attendees will learn the importance of networking outside their industry, how to effectively champion and connect others, how to make networking a part of everyday life, and how to approach networking with a long-term focus on the future. (Thursday, September 21, 6 p.m.)
The workshops will take place in the Goodwill Manasota Lakewood Ranch Community Room (8750 E. State Road 70, Bradenton). While the events are free, those interested in attending are encouraged to register at experiencegoodwill.org/classes.
About Goodwill Manasota
Goodwill Manasota is an industry-leading, 501(c)(3), not-for-profit organization that changes lives through the power of work. With the sales of donated goods and philanthropic donations, Goodwill is able to assist people with disabilities and other barriers to employment by providing job skills training and employment opportunities. In 2016, Goodwill Manasota served 28,207 people, placed 755 people in jobs and assisted 240 veterans as they reintegrated back into the civilian workforce. Goodwill Manasota’s economic impact back to the community is worth $92.1 million. Goodwill is one of the pioneers of the reduce-reuse-recycle movement and this past year diverted more than 40 million pounds out of the landfill. We accomplish our mission through a network of Good Neighbor Centers in Sarasota, Manatee, Hardee and DeSoto counties and our Mission Development Services (MDS) around North America. Goodwill Manasota is accountable to a local Board of Directors. Goodwill Manasota, in essence, belongs to this community and is not owned by any individual or company. For more information, visit www.experiencegoodwill.org.