Hudson, Florida (August 22, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that it will once again host the CARES chronic pain self-management program at the hospital at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, Florida 34667, at Entrance A in the Shoreline Conference Room. The program runs for six Tuesdays from September 12 through October 17, 2017, from 1 pm to 3:30 pm.
CARES Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (CPSMP) is designed to help people who have a primary or secondary diagnosis of chronic pain such as musculo-skeletal pain of the neck, shoulder, and back; fibromyalgia; whiplash injuries; or repetitive strain injury. It will also benefit those who have conditions such as persistent headache, Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, diabetic neuropathy; or multiple sclerosis.
The six week free program will include the following topics:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation and poor sleep;
- Flexibility and endurance;
- Appropriate use of medications;
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals;
- Pacing activity and rest; and,
- How to evaluate treatments.
For more information and to register for this free six week program, call 727-869-5498.
This class will be taught by an instructor from CARES (Community Aging and Retirement Services, Inc.). CARES is a charitable, not for profit 501(c) (3) corporation that provides quality and caring services to meet the needs of older persons and their families in West Central Florida, helping to improve the quality of life and independence for seniors through health, social and support services. For more information, go to www.caresfl.org.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.