Tampa, Florida (August 22, 2017) – Tampa Community announces that the Oasis at Tampa Community Hospital held an internal open house for its medical professionals and staff on August 3. The open house was to showcase the remodeling of the Oasis, Tampa Community Hospital’s hospital-based addiction recovery unit. Recently, Tampa Community Hospital and HCA committed a $4 million capital investment to the program.
“There is a tremendous need in our community and across the state of Florida for resources to help individuals suffering from drug and alcohol addiction,” said hospital CEO Jake Fisher. “We are excited to unveil our newly remodeled in-patient addiction recovery unit to better serve this population. This renovation of the Oasis is the first phase of a $4.5 million project to upgrade our addiction recovery and mental health services. The next phase will include the addition of 16 in-patient behavioral beds to our facility.”
“We are so happy to be able to provide a new and expanded area for our patients to comfortably detox, gain new insight into their addiction, and plan for their future sobriety,” said Mark Cardillo, Director of Behavioral Health Services. “With the large emphasis on addiction issues currently, we wanted to be able to provide increased therapeutic and activity space to meet the needs of the community.”
Attached photos: Mark Cardillo and Jake Fisher
About The Oasis at Tampa Community Hospital
A person suffering addiction will give up their family, career, even their life for drugs or alcohol, all while feeling guilt or remorse for their actions. This is the pattern of addiction. As one of the few hospital-based medically supervised detox programs in the country, we help break this pattern and restore lives.
The Oasis at Tampa Community Hospital’s program includes:
- In-patient detoxification – detox is one of the most difficult obstacles for patients seeking help for their addiction. To “safely” guide patients through this process, patients will be medically supervised through a safe detoxification program or withdrawal by the 24-hour care of our medical staff.
- Comprehensive counseling – the Oasis stresses the need for an individualized treatment plan, so each patient is assigned a primary counselor to help provide special care and daily interventions throughout the process.
- Out-patient care – after detox, participants may continue with the education and out-patient group therapies with our highly trained staff while still holding onto their relationships and their careers.
- Intensive out-patient program
- General program information:
o Patients admitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (with insurance approval)
o Pre-admission screenings and insurance verification available by phone
o Evaluation and intervention services
o 16 private bed unit for in-patient treatment
o After care to patients and families for up to two years
o Three to five day opiate detoxification program with Buprenex
o Weekly support groups to include:
- After care
- Family support
The Oasis at Tampa Community Hospital is one of the few hospital-based, medically supervised detoxification programs in the country.
For more information, call 866-We-Detox (866-933-3869).
About Tampa Community Hospital
For more than 35 years, Tampa Community Hospital (formerly Town and Country Hospital) has served northwest Hillsborough and northeast Pinellas counties with comprehensive medical, diagnostic, surgical and emergency services. Our 201-bed hospital is committed to providing high quality health care with a focus on customer service. With a team of 450 employees and over 300 physicians, Tampa Community Hospital is equipped with the expertise and technology to provide a wide array of health services. For more information or a free physician referral, call 1-855-245-8330 or go to tampacommunityhospital.com.