Hudson, Florida (August 16, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recognizes September as A-Fib Month with a special tutorial entitled “Obesity with Cardiovascular Disease.” The tutorial will be presented on September 5 by Michael Harris, DO, and Pornchai Kittivarakarn, DO, at the Rao Musunuru, MD Conference Center at 14100 Yosemite Drive, Hudson, Florida 34667. (Back campus of the hospital.)
Michael Harris, DO, and Pornchai Kittivarakarn, DO, are third year residents in the Graduate Medical Education Internal Medicine program at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. Dr. Harris received his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and Dr. Kittivarakarn received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
Registration / lunch begins at 11:30 am and the tutorial begins at noon.
Admission is free and a complimentary lunch will be served. Seating is limited and reservations are required. For more information and for reservations call 727-869-5498 or toll free 888-741-5119.
Attached photos: Michael Harris, DO, and Pornchai Kittivarakarn, DO
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 300 physicians, 1,264 employees and 400 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.