The MSC Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Michael Saunders & Company, recently awarded more than $56,000 in grants to 50 non-profits in Sarasota, Charlotte and Manatee counties in their summer grant cycle. Each organization was nominated through grant requests by Michael Saunders & Company agents and team members. The foundation presents grants twice a year to recipients who align with the foundation’s mission to support programs that improve lives by offering shelter, sustenance, education and a path to self-sufficiency.
“These 50 grant recipients are amazing examples of grass-roots work that betters the local communities in which we are all fortunate to live,” said Drayton Saunders, President of Michael Saunders & Company. “We particularly appreciate that requests come directly from our agents and offices, as do the majority of the funds raised for these contributions – a fact that aligns with our mission and core values. We applaud our Michael Saunders & Company team for its generosity and ongoing support of vital local resources.”
Michael Saunders & Company agents and staff members are encouraged to donate annually to the MSC Foundation, and many of the company’s 24 offices hold special fundraising efforts throughout the year. The company also matches 10 percent of money raised by individuals and offices during each grant cycle. Since its launch in 2011, the foundation has donated over $457,000 to more than 140 organizations.
Grant recipients for mid-year 2017 include:
• ALSO for Gay Youth, Inc.
• Alta Vista Elementary School
• American Red Cross of Southwest Florida
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Suncoast
• Books for Kids—Promoting Literacy (Rotary Club of Lakewood Ranch)
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Charlotte County–Englewood Club
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Sarasota County
• CARE Center for Abuse and Rape Emergencies, Inc.
• Care Net Manasota Pregnancy Center
• Children First
• Circuelle Foundation
• Community Coalition on Homelessness (DBA Turning Points)
• Community Foundation of Sarasota Let’s B Safe Fund
• Day 4 Hope/Church of Redeemer
• Florida Veterans for Common Sense Fund, Inc.
• Forty Carrots Family Center
• Foundation for Dreams
• Harvest Tabernacle of Sarasota (DBA Harvest House)
• Hope Family Services, Inc.
• Innocence Project of Florida, Inc.
• Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the Suncoast, Inc. (JFCS)
• Literacy Volunteers of South Sarasota County (LVSSC)
• Manasota Operation Troop Support, Inc.
• Manatee County Girls Club, Inc. (DBA Just For Girls)
• Manatee County Habitat for Humanity
• Meals on Wheels Plus of Manatee/The Food Bank of Manatee
• Meals on Wheels of Sarasota
• More Too Life (Living Above the Noise)
• Mothers Helping Mothers
• New Paradigm of Catholic Charities (Catholic Charities Diocese of Venice, Inc.)
• Neuro Challenge Foundation for Parkinson’s, Inc. (NCF)
• Our Daily Bread
• PACE Center for Girls
• Palmetto Youth Center, Inc.
• Robinson Hearts & Minds/Manatee Hope Foundation
• Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC)
• Sarasota County Senior Advocacy Council, Inc.
• Sarasota Family YMCA, Inc. (the Y)
• Sarasota Manatee Association for Riding Therapy, Inc. (SMART)
• Sarasota Sertoma Club
• Selah Freedom, Inc.
• Senior Friendship Centers
• SS Peter & Paul the Apostles Conference, SVDP
• Take Stock in Children of Manatee County, Inc.
• Teen Court of Sarasota, Inc.
• The Children’s Healthy Pantry, A Division of Yummy Stuff Club, Inc.
• The Florida Center for Early Childhood
• The Least of These/West Bradenton Baptist Church
• Tri-County Counseling and Life Skills Center, Inc.
• We Care Manatee, Inc.
“We are fortunate to be able to help the entire community, but in particular, the MSC Foundation donation will help five military veterans receive housewarming baskets to help make the transition into their new homes,” said Heidi Brown, President and CEO of Jewish Family & Children’s Services of the Suncoast.
“The funds granted by the MSC Foundation will go to support and empower our STAR teens to be leaders in service in the Sarasota community,” said Patricia McGraw, STAR Leadership Training Facilitator of the Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County.
A complete list of all MSC grant recipients can be found at http://www.michaelsaunders.com/msc-foundation/. To learn more about Michael Saunders & Company or the MSC Foundation, visit www.michaelsaunders.com or call (888) 552-5228.