Hudson, Florida (June 29, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point recently honored Dominic Sorresso, MD, as Physician of the Year. Dr. Sorresso was recognized at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point’s second annual Nursing Gala. The event was designed to recognize the significant accomplishments of the hospital’s physicians and nurses. Dr. Sorresso was chosen for his dedication to providing high quality, compassionate patient care. Dr. Sorresso is a pulmonologist on staff at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point. He is board certified in critical care medicine, internal medicine, pulmonary disease, and sleep medicine.
Dr. Sorresso’s nominations emphasized a variety of qualities including his ability to be proactive with team members and patients and his respect for others’ opinions. He is known to seek feedback from all involved in patient care. To quote some of the nominations:
- Goes above and beyond ordinary care.
- Treats everyone with dignity, respect and understanding.
- His orders are understandable and precise, even in the middle of the night.
- Open to nursing staff, listens to what they say, respects their opinion and is non-judgmental.
- There is a comfort in knowing that Dr. Sorresso is caring for your patients.
- Intelligent physician with a great bedside manner.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.