Hudson, Florida (June 15, 2017) – Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point announces that its most veteran therapy dog, Mr. McTrouble, was recently awarded his 500-hour volunteer pin by Donna Owen, Manager of Volunteer Services.
Mr. McTrouble is a seven year old Sheltie, owned by Chuck Andrews. Mr. McTrouble has been volunteering at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point for four years. He was awarded his 100 hour pin in 2014.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is grateful to have other therapy dogs in addition to Mr. McTrouble. Animal visits to a hospital provide positive, lasting memories for patients and their families with an event to be excited about. Visiting with animals can help people feel less lonely and less depressed. It has been shown that many become more active and responsive both during and after their visit. Stroking a dog or cat can actually reduce a person’s blood pressure. A dog visit offers entertainment as well as a welcome distraction from pain and infirmity. People often talk to the dogs and share their thoughts, feelings and memories with them.
Attached photo: Donna Owen, Manager of Volunteer Services, poses with Mr. McTrouble, pet therapy dog owned by Chuck Andrews. He received his 500-hour volunteer pin.
About Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
Regional Medical Center Bayonet has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
o Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 13 years in a row (2005-2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Back Surgery eight years in a row (2010 – 2017)
o Five Star Recipient for Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm for two years in a row (2016 – 2017)
o Recipient of Healthgrades 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award™
o Named among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety in 2017
o Five Star Recipient for Appendectomy for three years in a row (2015 – 2017)
- Certified Advance Primary Stroke Center – Joint Commission
- MRI, CT, Ultrasound, and Nuclear Medicine Accredited – American College of Radiology
- Approved Community Cancer Program – American College of Surgery
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications: primary stroke center, sepsis
- Awarded full Atrial Fibrillation Certification status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
- Accredited Teaching Facility by the American Osteopathic Association, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is located at 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, FL. 34667. For additional information on Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point visit www.rmchealth.com or www.heartoftampa.comor visit us on Facebook.
or www.heartoftampa.com or visit us on Facebook.