(Sarasota, FL) Designing Women Boutique is pleased to announce the 2017 recipients of its annual grants program, which is expected to bestow over $100,000 in the coming year. The list includes the Asolo Foundation, which is the primary beneficiary of the DWB grants program, along with the following local organizations:
- All Faiths Food Bank – in honor of Butch Amerson
- Asolo Rep – this donation brings the total over 15 years to $536,000
- Baby Basics of Sarasota
- Boys and Girls Club of Sarasota County – in honor of Ethel and Ron Taub Foundation
- Child Protection Center, Inc.
- The Circus Art Conservatory – in honor of Ethel and Ron Taub Foundation
- Forty Carrots Family Center – in honor of Ethel and Ron Taub Foundation
- The Sarasota Ballet – in honor of Ethel and Ron Taub Foundation
- Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation – In honor of Margaret Wise
- Sarasota Opera Association
- Sarasota Symphony
- The Venice Symphony
- Tidewell Hospice
- Venice Symphony
- Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe – In honor of Ethel and Ron Taub Foundation
“It is our great pleasure to have the resources to be able to support these outstanding organizations in our community,” said Ida Zito, DWB board president. “Everything we do throughout the year, from running our boutique to our annual gala to our luncheons, fashion shows and special events, it’s all geared towards raising the funds that allow us to give these grants to support the greater good. It’s so rewarding to see our time and effort pay off in such a meaningful way. All of this would not be possible without our staff, volunteers, consigners, donors, and sponsors.”
About Designing Women Boutique
Established in 2002, Designing Women Boutique is Sarasota’s premier non-profit boutique featuring upscale fashions, jewelry, fine art and home goods. They also offer concierge estate liquidation and downsizing services. Through their sale of consigned, donated and new merchandise as well as sponsorships, donations and other fundraising activities, DWB has granted over $2.5 million to more than 75 local recipients. Their mission is to grow funding for the benefit of Sarasota’s arts and human services organizations.
DWB is located at 1226 North Tamiami Trail. For information, call 941-366-5293 or go to DesigningWomenSRQ.org.
# # #