This year there will be an Adaptive Services Oasis located in the Junior League Sorosis Building courtyard. This will be staffed by volunteers who will provide assistance with communication, shuttle transport and information regarding reaching accessible entry points designed for people who use wheelchairs and other mobility devices.
The following amenities also are provided for attendees:
· Three ADA-compliant portable toilets around the lake with mats placed on the grass in front of them to make it easier for attendees in wheelchairs to access.
· An ADA-compliant luxury portable restroom trailer in the museum parking lot.
· ADA-compliant restrooms in the museum and library.
· A wheelchair accessible golf cart for shuttle service throughout the event.
· A covered dining area with access for wheelchairs and other mobility devices.
· Signage throughout the event directing people to accessible restrooms and the Adaptive Services Oasis.
· An event guide and map that includes accessibility information. Guides will be available at the Adaptive Services Oasis, the museum, and the museum tent on the library lawn.
· Customer service fliers in artist and food vendor packets with tips for providing services to people of all abilities.
“Mayfaire is an event that is important to the museum and to the community,” says Mayfaire Coordinator Joy Williams. “We listened to the feedback we got from event-goers last year and made improvements regarding accessibility. Our goal over time is for Mayfaire to become an all-inclusive event, so we invite attendees to continue to contact us with concerns and suggestions. We want Mayfaire to be enjoyable to people of all abilities.”
Accessibility questions and requests during the event can be addressed by calling (863) 455-4990.
Please offer feedback and suggestions on additional accessibility improvements before or after the event by emailing: mayfaire@PolkMuseumofArt.org.