TAMPA, Fla., March 22, 2017 – WHO and WHAT: Ultimate Medical Academy is hosting an inaugural K-20 Education Summit (#UMAK20) on March 23- 25, 2017 in Tampa with 300 educational leaders and advocates. They will explore the K-20 Summit theme, “all means ALL,” a reference to facilitating equality, advocacy and progress in education.
The K-20 Summit will feature:
• Three keynote speakers – Dr. Michelle R. Weise, executive director of the Sandbox Collaborative, the R&D arm of strategy and innovation at Southern New Hampshire University, Dr. Jamila Lyiscott, postdoctoral fellow at the Institute for Urban and Minority Education of Teachers College, Columbia University, and Chris Lehmann, founding principal of the Science Leadership Academy, a progressive science and technology high school in Philadelphia;
• A panel of experts discussing “Access without progress is an empty promise.”
• 20 breakout sessions in a three-track series – Leadership, Student Services, and Curriculum and Instruction;
• 22 roundtable discussions on emerging promising practices to support the success of traditionally underserved students; and
• UMA’s Spring Commencement, recognizing 4,000 graduates.
WHERE and WHEN:
• 1:30 – 4 p.m. March 23, at UMA, 3101 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
• 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. March 24 at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay, 2900 Bayport Dr.
• 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. March 25 at the USF Sun Dome, 4202 E. Fowler Ave.
WHY: Thought leaders among the driving forces for innovation in online and blended learning will present compelling keynote lectures on the topics of greatest importance to ensuring student engagement and success.
The K-20 Summit is being sponsored by WUSF Public Media and the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges and co-sponsored by Pearson, Bookmasters, McGraw-Hill, Elsevier, Hobsons, and PAHCOM. Attendees will be able to earn continuing education credits from FAPSC.
ABOUT ULTIMATE MEDICAL ACADEMY:
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Fla. and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online courses as well as hands-on training at our campuses. UMA students have access to academic advising, one-on-one or group tutoring, résumé and interview coaching, job search assistance, technical support and more. The institution is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Learn more by visiting UltimateMedical.edu.