St. Petersburg/Tampa, Fla. (March 22, 2017) – The Tampa Bay Rays and the Cross-Bay Ferry are teaming up in the month of April to make it easier than ever for Tampa fans to get to Rays games during April – the ferry’s final month operating in Tampa Bay.
Ferry organizers, Rays officials and PSTA announced the news aboard the ferry in St. Petersburg on Wednesday:
- The Cross-Bay Ferry will adjust its schedule and add special, later runs for fans to connect with the Rays games and return to Tampa after all Rays games in April (except the matinee game on Thursday, April 21, 2017.)
- PSTA will provide free rides for ferry passengers between the ferry dock in St. Petersburg and Tropicana Field.
- Fans then show their ferry ticket voucher at the Rays box office to receive $10 off Rays tickets purchased the day of the game. After the game, ferry passengers show their ferry ticket voucher at the Central Avenue Trolley stop in front of Ferg’s for their free return trip to the dock.
- The Tampa Streetcar will also provide 50% off discounts for daily passes for ferry riders during April to help St. Petersburg residents enjoy Tampa and Ybor City. This will reduce the daily cost from $5 to $2.50 per person.
- “This is a fantastic way for Tampa fans to help kick off baseball season in Tampa Bay,” said project advisor Ed Turanchik. “The ferry has been a wonderful addition to this area, and we are thrilled to work with the Rays to support such a fun way for fans to get to games.”
The Cross-Bay Ferry is contracted to run from November 2016 through April 2017 to test community interest for water transit. Recently, the Cross-Bay Ferry began regular, weekday service and launched a Commuter Value Pass program that comes with free taxi rides home for those who miss the last ferry trip. See www.CrossBayFerry.com and TBARTA myCOMMUTE for more information.