Tampa, Fla. – Hillel Academy Tampa will hold the Gift of Gold Gala on Saturday, March 18 at 8 p.m. at the beautiful, brand new Glazer Jewish Community Center, 522 N. Howard Ave.
The evening will include music and dancing, delicious kosher cuisine, a silent auction and a photo booth.
The Gift of Gold Gala was so named because at the first Hillel Gala decades ago, gold was raffled off to parents. For the last many years, a silent auction has been held instead, with all kinds of goodies to be won. This year, highlights include a beach rental, a Lego basket, a Star Wars basket, Barbie baskets, several outstanding dining experiences, principal for a day, and more.
“We have held this fundraising gala for more than 30 years, and each year, it’s the event that our parents, staff and faculty look forward to the most,” said, Interim Head of School, Gordon Rode.
Like many private schools, tuition at Hillel Academy covers approximately 80 percent of the school’s operating costs, and donations and fundraising make up the remaining 20 percent. Proceeds from the Gift of Gold Gala help fund scholarships, financial aid, teacher education and campus improvements.
“Our goal is to provide not only the best Jewish education, but the greatest secular education to students,” says Stanford Solomon, president of Hillel Academy’s Board of Trustees. “Our students graduate to the finest area high schools and attend some of the top universities. That’s a credit to our awesome teachers, administrators and parents. I hope and trust that our founding families are proud of what Hillel has grown to become.”
Fundraising results already have surpassed those of last year and have reached a record breaking $80,000. Tickets to the gala are $75 per person and are available on the website www.hillelacademy.ejoinme.org. More information is available by calling 813.963.2242 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hillel Academy Tampa is a private Jewish Community Day School, embracing the diversity, rich culture and traditions of Judaism. At Hillel, students receive a superior education enhanced by the opportunity to learn about their place in the community. Accredited by the Florida Council of Independent Schools and the Florida Kindergarten Council, Hillel is a member of the Jewish Community Day School Network and the National Association of Independent Schools.