This year’s walk is dedicated to the operators of tow trucks and road service vehicles.
Robin Powell, DUI crash survivor, is the 2017 WLM Honorary Chair.
Tampa, FL (March 24, 2017) – The West Central Affiliate of Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) will host its signature Walk Like MADD non-competitive 5K fundraising walk in Tampa on March 24, 2017. The walk begins at 6PM, with registration beginning at 5PM, at The University of South Florida and will raise funds and rally support for MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving®.
The 2017 Walk Like MADD Tampa Committee has chosen to dedicate this walk to the men and women who operate tow trucks and service vehicles, as they lost drivers Rogelio Perez-Borroto, Troy McGuire, and Danny Hand due to impaired drivers.
o Inspire: We walk empowered even when we feel powerless, as survivors when we have been victimized, and with purpose when we have lost our way.
o Commit: We walk with supporters who share our vision of no more drunk driving victims.
“We walk to finish the job that was started by a grieving mother in 1980. Now in our 36th year, MADD has saved more than 340,000 lives and has served more than 780,000 victims,” said Sharon Hall, Program Manager “Walk Like MADD will raise mission-critical funds to help save lives in our hometown.”
Walk like MADD has three main components:
*Remember: We walk for those who no longer can and alongside those who are learning to walk again.
* Inspire: We walk empowered even when we feel powerless, as survivors when we have been victimized, and with purpose when we have lost our way.
*Commit: We walk with supporters who share our vision of no more drunk driving victims.
There are several other ways to participate in Tampa’s Walk Like MADD, even if attendance is not possible:
*Form a team- Have your company stand with us in the fight to create a future where we have no more victims.
* Donate – Give to a participant or a team to help them reach their fundraising goals.
* Be a virtual walker – If someone can’t be there in person, there are still ways for them to get involved and raise money for this important cause.
* Volunteer – We need help the day before, day of, or the days after the big event.
* Partner – Consider becoming an official event partner. We have a variety of packages and every dollar goes towards making West Central Florida safer.
MADD would like to thank our presenting partner, Burnetti, P.A., for their continued support of Tampa Walk Like MADD.
Please visit http://www.walklikemadd.org/tampa to register, donate or get more information.